Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cracker Cuties

Austin and I are totally sharing this pic on both our blogs today. Hooray! Today marked the end of my regular classes because both German and English will not be meeting tomorrow. Time for finals to begin.........next week! We decided to celebrate by going to Cracker Barrel. Sort of. See, I have this ginormous goose egg on my knee (yeah, it is possible to get them there. Who knew?) from running into the corner of the stage last Sunday (no shock there.) and it hurts like crazy. We're going on a week here and it's still swollen! I expressed my concern about the ouch factor to Austin before I sucked it up and went to my final yoga class, and Austin decided she would like to use her Girl Scout powers for good (as opposed to evil, like the rest of us) and patch me up. So we made plans to meet up after school. However, when I texted her to let her know I was done with my class I went to fill up my car. When I came back to my phone I had a couple missed calls from her so I called her back and heard, "Okay, I hope you're not too far down the road, because CRACKER BARREL!" (paraphrased.) I like the way she thinks! We shared grits and fried apples and pretended to be confounded by the triangle puzzle with the golf tees stuck in it (if you've never been to Cracker Barrel.......cry now.) then went back to her place and she got out the homeopathic spackle and patched up my knee. What a gal!

1 comment:

David said...

Are you looking for a Jessica Robins's Knee Memorial at the theater at JCCC? One just for your knee?