Thursday, May 6, 2010

Leigha's turn!

2 music programs in 2 weeks? Must be the end of the school year! Leigha's class got the added element of recorders at her concert. Now, before you cringe from painful memories of missed notes suffered during 'Hot Cross Buns' know this: Leigha's class did 'In the Jungle,' with harmony. That's right. Your fourth grade memories have been trumped! I'm actually quite impressed with the elementary level music program in our district! Bri's class had coreography and stuff, and Leigha's class had the harmony and non-painful eardrum blasting that is typically associated with the recorder. Way to go, kids! This is why funding schools is a GOOD idea, just in case anyone was wondering. I had a wonderful day at school as well, got to have lunch with my Austin, which is stellar, and as a powerpellet bonus, we ran into Sarah and Tom! Yay! I also got out of actually doing yoga in my yoga class because we are reviewing for the final. But don't worry, all the coughing fits from allergies are keeping my abs ripped!

2 comments:

David said...

I don't know what "In The Jungle" sounds like. I do remember needing to get a recorder in elementary school and thinking, when it was assigned, that we had to get a stereo system. I didn't know that the recorder was an instrument to perform music, just one to record music that was already being played by a famous person.
I hope she had fun with it.

Anonymous said...

Wish I'd been there for the performance. I can "hear" the song in my head. Leigha can bring her recorder to NV this summer & do a duet with her Gpa! CB