Saturday, May 22, 2010

I beat time....with a stick!

Today was one long race. I woke up and got my stuff together then Tiffany drove me to the airport. We had gotten a late start due to massive goodbye-ing with Chelly and the rest of the crew, so after I hugged her at curbside, I dashed through security and went to my gate, just in time to board. Yessss! We pushed back and I started my 'let's see if I can get some sleep' routine, but after a while it was apparent that we weren't going anywhere. The captain came on and told us there was a maintainance issue and we were going to be there for a bit. Everyone started getting worried and I heard several muttered conversations about the people who got stuck on those Jet Blue flights that had to stay there for like 3 days or whatever. As they gave us updates over the intercom I texted Jason and asked him how long it would be based on what they were telling us. He said, "not too long if it's a new plane. If it's an old one, it's going to be a while.' Meanwhile, they started handing out water and turning off the seatbelt light...great. You know it's going to be a while when they try to make you as comfortable as possible. After sitting there for two hours they finally said, "Yeah, we're changing aircraft." After another hour of shuffling from one plane to another, we took off. Woo hoo! We landed in KC at 5:15 (and I have to be at the theater at about 5:30) and the captain came on and told us we had to wait for another plane to get out of our gate before we could pull into it. Um.........yeah. So we were finally released at 5:45, three and a half hours after our original arrival time. Yikes! I got into my car and raced toward the theater. After all, I was performing tonight! I got there just in time to warm up and go on stage. *whew!* As I walked on stage to introduce the group I saw my friend Michelle sitting in the front row! She had told me she was coming but I got there late and didn't see her so I wasn't sure if she was still going to be able to, but there she was! It took me by surprise and I said, "Oh hi!" Then realizing I was in front of an audience I addressed the rest of the crowd, "Hey, everyone, it's my friend Michelle who I haven't seen in a couple of years! Michelle, this is everyone!" Awesome. The show was great and I had a blast, rounding out the evening with pancakes with Austin. Nice. And all this with a massive cold!

No comments: