Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Don't act like you're not intimidated.

Leigha had her first softball game this evening. They didn't win, but they put up a pretty good fight. One thing I can't stand about children's sporting events is the overabundance of 'support' the parents in the stands feel it's necessary to give the kids. Seriously, while the pitcher was doing her part, every time she'd go to throw the ball her mom would yell out, "That's it, Libby, nice and easy, right over the plate, you're just playing catch." Literally every time she went to release the ball. If it was me, I know that would distract me and put me off kilter. Not to mention make me think I was about to screw up or royally disappoint her if things didn't go just right. Also, every time a kid struck out the parents would all yell out, "It's okay, you didn't do anything wrong." More than once I noticed a slightly surprised look on the girl's face, as if such a thought had not occurred to her until voiced by someone else. I dunno. I always thought it was tough being a kid, I still think it is. Poor little buggers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a game face Leigha has! Brings back memories of you as catcher? CB