Monday, May 17, 2010

Ker-catch

Today I went to an improv workshop. Among other things taught, one was the concept of 'why are we watching this day? What makes this day important?' So today, dear reader, is the day that Jessica got into her first accident. I was running behind after the workshop. All I could think about was how I had to get home to the girls because they were going to be home from school. I was just about to the highway when I went around a bus that was stopping. The road had a slight hill and a bunch of construction equipment, so I didn't see the red light until it was too late to stop. I slammed on my brakes, but the anti-lock system kicked on and I slid into the intersection and clocked a minivan. We were both fine, but I hit her wheel just right and bent the axle on her car. I kept apologizing over and over, I feel terrible about ruining someone's day like that. We exchanged information and somehow I wasn't given a ticket, which surprised me. If I had to be in an accident, this was the best case scenario. For starters, the nice lady could have been a big scary yelling man or something. During the course of exchanging information I called Jason and told him to have someone go to our house and get the girls, who were sure to be home by that time. I went to our friends' house to get them and Erin told me that Brianna's response to the situation was, "Well, I'm glad my mom didn't die." That's better than I could have hoped for from that one.

Yes, really, I'm just fine. Thanks for your concern, you're sweet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are ok! Accidents are scary. CB

Anonymous said...

you were passing a city bus not a school bus RIIIIGHT?