Monday, December 13, 2010

Sweet talk, sweet talk.

Because I had a lot of super great stuff happen today and I didn't get a picture of any of it, I decided to punish myself by taking a 'duck face' picture. I solemnly swear to never do that again. Duck face, that is. No guarantees about the bad non-picture stuff on my part, especially right now during FINALS WEEK. (Ker-pow-ow-wow!) Yup, it's that time of the semester again. I had one final today, which I think I did well on. I had a meeting this afternevening for Godspell, since it's going to Iowa, so to kill time I accompanied a friend of mine on an outing. I got to see Johnson County the way a born and raised townie sees it! That was enlightening, to say the least. Also........there's a ton of rich people down there, did you know that? I mean filthy stinkin' rich! I knew that before, but I didn't KNOW. Now I do for sure, wowza. At any rate, this festival is going to be a blast and a half topped with awesomesauce and I can't wait. We are going to have an ubermonster of a rehearsal, though. We will only have one day to set up before the show goes live on a stage we've never seen before, so we're going to practice by taking our (altered) set, setting it up in one of the other theaters on campus, rehearsing, then tearing it down and putting it in the truck for the trip to Iowa. The scheduled time for this rehearsal is 6 AM TO MIDNIGHT. Augh!!!! Insanity. But hey, the show must go on. Thank goodness that's not until next month, I'll have plenty of time to rest and drink lots of fluids first.

Oh wait, Christmas is coming up. Scratch that.

1 comment:

David said...

You went too Leawood and/or Mission Hills, didn't you?
Otherwise, people in Johnson County aren't that rich.
Living in Johnson County, I know this. But I'm the only one who would publically admit to it.