Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Everything's Okay

Today was the girls' last day of school before break, and Jason was sleeping after a long night of work. I decided to take advantage of the day by going on a little adventure all by myself. I drove to Lawrence where I walked around listening to my music and snapping pictures everywhere I went. Got some cool shots at one of the parks there. It's just warm enough to be nice outside but with everyone knowing it's cold-ish and it's not going to really be warmer for a long while, so they mostly stay inside. A lot of my pictures have zero people in them, which was a pretty cool effect. I also managed to snag a super cute vintage wrap skirt (denim with huge strawberries!) for four dollars. How could everyone let such a gem work its way to the clearance rack? I'll never know. I came home and made dinner for everyone and spilled a pretty good amount of boiling hot potato water on myself, which was fun...nawt. Par for the course, I suppose. Both girls got to go to Girl Scout Christmas parties this evening as well, so Jason left for work leaving me to deal with their sugar-buzzed little selves. It sure was amusing eavesdropping at Leigha's door where they held a sisterly sleep-over tonight.

No comments: