Friday, November 2, 2007

Say hello to the light in your eyes

Jason and I took the girls to a dollar theater to see Hairspray. They loved it! Brianna was dancing crazedly the whole time, it looked like she was literally trying to get on the Corny Collins show! Leigha was so into it that she was rivited the whole time. I was struck again by the fact that segregation was real and it was only 40 years ago that people had to fight to be treated like human beings in a country that prides itself on the "basic human rights" and "all men are created equal" stuff. Makes you wonder how anyone could have ever been so blind. Only 40 years ago, and in this day and age I can't even imagine why people would have ever thought that was okay. We have come so far. Every time I go to a dollar movie theater I think about the time Jason, Lynette and I went to Pueblo and saw "10 things I hate about you" at a dollar theater and the row of 12 year old girls who kept squealing every time Heath Ledger smiled. It was quite amusing this time too, when some people in the front row held up their cell phones and waved them like lighters at a concert during the candle light protest song. Seeing it the second time around was so much fun! I can't wait to buy the DVD!

2 comments:

Spark*Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spark*Life said...

That is a great movie. I saw the musical on Broadway last May and found out that the girl who plays Tammy in both the broadway production and in the movie is girl I graduated high school with. Kinda neat.