Sunday, November 4, 2007

A blonde moment so severe you'd think I dyed my hair again....

Okay, here's how big of an idiot I can be sometimes. I took my car to the gas station to fill it up for the first time. Naturally, I parked so the driver's side was closest to the pump, since that's where it was on the van. Guess what? Not on the Intrepid! (I've decided to name it "Betty.") No, it's on the passenger side! So I turn the car back on, pop it into drive, and go around. I parked at the pump, ready to put some gas in, only to find that I had, AGAIN, instinctively parked so the driver's side was closest to the pump! Gaaah! So I turned the car on yet again, put it in drive, drove around the circle, paused at a pump.....realized it was close to the driver's side again (ah!) but hadn't put it in park yet, so I crossed to the other side and parked (FINALLY!) with the correct side of the car facing the pump. Wow. I wonder what the other people filling up where thinking when they saw me?

No comments: