Friday, November 2, 2007

THE LAWS OF INERTIA HAVE BEEN REPEALED!!!

The term "inertia" is more properly understood as a shorthand for "the principle of inertia as described by Newton in his First Law."
In simple terms we can say that "In an isolated system, a body at rest will remain at rest and a body moving with constant velocity will continue to do so, unless disturbed by an unbalanced force"
That is a snippet from a wikipedia article on the subject of inertia. Unfortunately, inertia is now a theory and no longer a myth. Why you might ask? Well...today I cleaned out my kitchen quite thouroughly. This means I opened cabinets a lot, particularly the spice cabinet. I opened it like six times. There is a can of baking powder (can't say the name brand, so let's just call it "Clobber Girl") Sitting on the edge of the cabinet, but still fully inside the cupboard. It didn't budge once while I cleaned the kitchen. HOWEVER, all that changed when I decided to make some egg drop soup this evening. Apparently, the second you put an egg on the counter....



Wha-BAM! The laws of inertia just don't apply in this instance. They just can't help it! The joke must be had! I'm on to them....

FYI, I took it in stride and went ahead with my cooking. The resulting soup was, in fact, delicious.

No comments: