Saturday, November 24, 2007

I'm a luck dragon!

We did manage to make a little magic last night....decorating the house for Christmas! I made a huge dinner with all sorts of yummy things then Jason pulled the decorations up from the basement and we took down the fall stuff, set up the tree, and went nuts. I don't know if it's because we don't have as many ornaments or if it's because I'm an adult, but it seems like it used to take a lot longer when I was a kid. Before long, though, the tree was decorated and we turned off the lights and drank egg nog in the soft multicolored glow. The girls looked so beautiful with their little faces all lit up by the tree and I was reminded of when I was a kid and we'd sit on the couch with the fire going and Manheim Steamroller in the background (a lot more peaceful than it sounds) drinking hot chocolate. I used to stare at the ceiling because we had lights that would periodically turn on and off and I liked to see the shadow of the pine needles on the ceiling as it changed with each blink. Leigha wrapped up a bunch of things from her room and drew all over the paper with sharpies, then wrote to and from. There are four of us and she put about six presents under the tree. She's so sweet.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Isn't Christmas so much more exciting than Thanksgiving!? Yay for decorating... I think I may do that for the first time this year!

Lynette said...

Leigha told me what some of those gifts are! Hahaha! I know what you're getting!