Friday, November 9, 2007

Party on, Garth

Jason and I took the girls to a circus tonight. It was their, and my, first. Pretty cool, actually. Driving downtown was crazy, though, as tonight was also one of the many Garth Brooks concerts going on at the Sprint Center. Jason asked, "What's going on tonight?" I replied, "Garth Brooks concert. Isn't it obvious? (I pointed to a cowboy) That's clearly one of his fans....in fact, for all I know, that's him!" We found a legal, free parking space within walking distance of the municipal auditorium, and made our way to some seats. They had some really cool acts. At the end they had a bunch of things going on on the auditorium floor, including pony and elephant rides, people dressed up like Spider Man and Sponge Bob, some inflatable bounce houses, and all the clowns lined up for meet and greets. As we walked back to our parking space Leigha was chattering about how she'd like to join the circus someday. I asked her what she'd like to do. "Um....I liked the trapezes...but the hula hoop lady with the fire was cool. Oh! I know, I'd be one of the bear trainers!" "Wow, that would be cool! How about you, Brianna, out of all the people at the circus tonight, who would you be?" "Sponge Bob!"

1 comment:

Alison said...

Well, there's a circus school not too far from us :) Send her to California! Glad you guys had a good time... and survived the cowboys.