Saturday, October 16, 2010

Maine Lobstah....Wicked Good.

We got up bright and early and pointed the rental car Northeast, driving up the coast of New Hampshire. (Yeah. Check the map.) We left the highway and traveled along a local road that wound its way right along the shoreline. We paused at one point to dip our toes in the freezing cold waters of the Atlantic. The shore was all rocks, but due to the tumbling of the waves they were polished smooth! As the water pulled back from the beach you could hear the rocks clacking against one another. Sounded like a chorus of ten thousand castanets! The leaves, of course, were gorgeous. Like fireworks in the daytime. (If you're my Facebook friend and want to see them, I posted a ton on my profile.) We entered Maine and stopped at a cute little place right on the water. I got a lobster for lunch, named him Charlie, then ate him. Yummmm! We took a very similar trip to this one when I was a kid and my mom got a lobster and allowed me to keep the claws (which I had for years!) so I gave the claws to the girls. After lunch we headed back into New Hampshire and caught a flight out of Manchester and into Chicago, where we stayed overnight. Maine lobster for lunch, Giordano's Chicago deep dish pizza for dinner. Lucky lucky me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did it make you sick like mine made me at 4:00 am? Worth it! CB