Thursday, October 28, 2010

Kick it into high gear!

I had a wonderful day. Acting class was hilarious, TJ showed up in his Halloween costume and then did a serious scene in it...his outfit being 'Blue haired police clown.' He had on highlighter yellow fuzzy legwarmers with bells tied to them! Awesome. At noon when I was done for the day Jason surprised me by showing up at the school and taking me out to lunch! It's his day off and he was in the area getting music for Leigha, who has decided to take up flute this year in the school band. It was fantastic, getting out during the middle of the day with no immediate deadline or babysitter to have to worry about. We had a blast, AND I received a glaringly insincere complement on my purple hair from a very straight laced woman. I swear I saw her twitch as the 'if you can't say something nice....' rule went through her head. I'm okay with people not liking my hair, even saying so. It's a bold choice, and bold choices aren't for everybody. But they ARE very much for me. I live in an age where I have the possibility of having purple hair...so why not? Obviously that's not a rule to live by as an all encompassing mantra, but hair grows out. If I can have fun with something temporary, why not? So I do. I finished Leigha's costume tonight (just in the nick of time for her to wear to school tomorrow!) and finished some accessories for mine, the bulk of my costume having been finished prior to this evening. While I sewed, Jason and I watched 'Sweeney Todd.' Yeep! So glad I was able to keep my eyes glued to my fabric during a few key points!

No comments: