Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloweekend: complete.

Finally, the big day. Happy Halloween, everyone! We finally got around to carving our pumpkins today. Jason and the girls decided to get some stencils and so cool designs, I decided to freehand my cool design. Ultimately, we ended up with a butterfly, a cat, a flaming guitar, and Pacman. If you know my family at all, it's pretty easy to figure out whose is whose, so I will allow your active mind to fill in the blanks. Leigha was Princess Leia, Brianna was a flying hot dog. They got a lot of comments as Jason took them trick or treating. Meanwhile, I put on my peacock costume and handed out candy, putting the finishing accessories on between roving gangs of small children asking for a handout. (Seriously, we accept this as a normal tradition and people flip because I sometimes wear bright green boots?) When the domination of our own neighborhood was complete, Jason went to work and I took the girls to Austin's. Her neighborhood barricades off a few streets and has a big Halloween block party every year. So much fun! After we came back to her house she treated us to cupcakes, pumpkin pie, cider, and hot chocolate. I really am spoiled to have such a lovely and considerate best friend like her!

No comments: