Saturday, August 1, 2009

Wait...........isn't that a dinosaur?

Got up early and drove downtown only to find out that the meeting I was going to was cancelled. Nice. The good news is that Jen and Tom also showed up so we had coffee and hung out before leaving. Jen and I decided that since she was already in town (she lives 20 miles out of KC) we should go shopping before her improv class in the afternoon, which was also in town. She was following me in her car and we were planning on going straight to the store we both agreed should be shopped at, when my battery light came on. Yes, while I was driving the car. I called her and said, 'New plan. Meet me at my house real quick.' I pulled into the driveway and turned off my car, then immediately tried to turn it back on again just to see if it would. Nothing. Great. So I got into Jen's car and we went shopping, then came to an arrangement: I would tailor a pair of her jeans if she would give me a ride to the show. Nice. So I hemmed the pants, got dressed and ready, then Jen and I went to the theater. The show tonight featured four groups, Rubber Biscuit Brigade, Anomaly Orange (which I'm in), Kill the DJ, and Sketchy Thoughts (which I am in.) We were supposed to go in that order, but there was a snaffu with RBB so AO ended up going on first. We had a super solid set and had a lot of fun. We listened to our notes from Denton after our set, then went and sat down in the audience just in time for KTDJ. They are so funny, I love their format! When they left the stage Sketchy took over and played a really tight, funny set. I'm proud of us! The picture from today is of Clay in front of the audience. This was actually taken during the show, it's from a sketch in which the couple is walking through the Kansas City Zoo and at the end I come out as 'Dilophosaurus' and I eat Clay's character. (Mua ha ha!) Anyhow, in this picture he's pretending to pose next to a 'Golden Tamarin Lion Monkey.' I love this shot because it's about as close to showing you all what it's like to be on stage in front of an audience as I can get in this blog. There's just nothing like it in the whole world.

P.S.-The audience looks bored in this shot, but I promise they aren't. Tiffany saw this show and was literally crying with laughter at the end.

2 comments:

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

Congrats on the show, I wish I could have made it. :(

Spark*Life said...

I think the tears has something to do with Dinosauer Jess spitting water up Clay's nose.... just a little. :D