Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lake Addison

Tom found some tickets to the Pitch Music Awards show tonight on a coffeeshop bulletin board recently. There were four of them so he decided to invite some folks to accompany him. Somehow or other I made the cut, and Tom, Scott, Jamie and I made our way to the Uptown tonight to soak in the VIP treatment. Oh yeah, did I mention they were the VIP tickets? 'Cause they totally were. We had dinner and drinks free before the show, which was just super, and the four of us had a great time. I heard a few local bands that I need to take Jason to see now, including a jazz group called The Wild Women of Kansas City. They won best jazz group and the lead singer went up to accept the award. The woman is 92! She was absolutely adorable, by the way. I hope to be just as rad when I'm her age.

No comments: