Monday, August 24, 2009

21,198

One of the questions I keep getting is, "So.......how much DO you guys travel?" So I decided I'd calculate the miles from this Summer and find out exactly how much we traveled this Summer. I am only counting trips that at least half the family (2 or more members) were involved in. How many miles, you ask? The round trip total is the subject line. Yup. I didn't believe it myself so I recalculated, and it is accurate. Wowza! Today marked the 'official' end of Summer with the girls' first day of school. Yes, I already had mine, but I marked the beginning of Summer with their last day, so it works out. Brianna's first day of kindergarten, wow. We took the girls to the school and she sat down at her desk and immediately took out a pencil as if she was ready to jump in by writing a novel. Too cute. All she wanted to talk about when she got home were the rules and who broke them and how. They had a good day. Jason's mom flew out to Anchorage to see Bob this past week and she left her car at our house so she didn't have to pay for the parking fees. She came back in tonight so she took us all out to dinner and asked the girls all about their days. That was nice. After she left I went to the auditions for the fall shows at my school. I doubt I'll get a callback for either, I really didn't do well at all. It's been a while since I've done a real theatrical audition with the 'prepare a monologue and 32 bars of music' and whatnot. Oh well, there's always the Spring!


No comments: