Saturday, August 8, 2009

I get nervous in social situations

Lovely day. Nina and I slept in because we were quite tired, so we got a late start to it, but it was pretty solid, nonetheless. I drove her to a couple places so she could see them then we went to the Plaza. Nina took tons of pictures and gushed about how much she loves the KC. Sweet. I also took her by River Market, downtown, and then Westport. Jason met up with us after he got off work and we went to Jerusalem Cafe. It's just where you go when you're here and you've already had BBQ. We then walked to Streetside Records and World Market before heading to the Westport Coffehouse Theater for Improv Thunderdome!!!! I didn't have any shows while she was here, so this was the next best thing. Plus it was fun to vote objectively since I wasn't on any of the teams. (next month. Vote for me.) It was a blast! We sat next to Tom and Jen. After the show we went to McCoys and hung out with everyone. I love the group. Super fun, amazingly funny, and incredibly accepting people. Janina commented on it, saying, "I feel I could just be really weird and everyone would be totally okay with it." Nina, not only would they be okay, they'd join in whatever you're doing and add to it.

No comments: