Friday, August 7, 2009

We hate the stupid thing, we wanna paint it green.

Janina made it in this morning, yay!!! I took her to Culver's then back to the house for a little coffee and recuperation time. She said she didn't need a nap or anything so we started the sightseeing right after that. I took her to Legends so she could see the yellow brick road and we ended up shopping for a while. Then I felt like traumatizing her a bit so I took her to Cabelas. I still can't decide if she was in more a state of disbelief that such a place could exist, or if it was more of a horror that such a place DID exist. Check her facial expression. You be the judge. When Jason got off work we went to Arthur Bryants then I rounded up some friends to go karaoke-ing. I don't know any good places here so I asked for a recommendation from a friend and it ended up being a bit of a bust. Smoky, loud, and the DJ guy who picks the people that go up and in what order was not that great. We sat for a good two hours wondering when our next turn was going to be. Finally we threw in the towel and went to Tom's place to hang out and get the bad taste of the evening out of our mouths. While we were in his living room I saw what I thought was a piece of trash on the floor.......until it moved. It was a little bitty frog! Tom lives in an apartment building with no direct access to the out of doors, except his windows. How did that guy get in there??? So we formed an odd processional to set him free, since there's not a ton of green space near his apartment. We got home later than intended and I know poor Nina is wiped, but it was so worth it.

1 comment:

Inky Neverwhere said...

I'm glad I'm not the only person who makes that face by the stuffed real animals. The place has always creeped me out... but sometimes they're the only place that has something.