Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lucky 13

Yesterday when we were driving in we encountered a TON of rain, just as we were hitting the Georgia border. We had to slow down big time and it added about an hour to our trip. Apparently Atlanta was also hailed on at that time, and the airport shut down for a while. Thanks to all that funness, a lot of flights were cancelled and people were rolled over onto the flights we were supposed to take home, yikes! So this morning I was woken up by a phone call from Jason. "You're not going to be able to get home today." Great. I had a show in Kansas City tonight! So I told Tom and Matt (Joe drove home, he likes solitude) we weren't going to be able to make it, and universally we decided that that just sucked. They decided to go out and get some breakfast, but I stayed at the hotel. Where there's a will, there's a way, and I have a pretty strong will! I checked flights on my laptop and found cheap tickets for that very afternoon! Tickets so cheap, in fact, that when you figure we didn't have to book the hotel for yet another night and their buddy passes could be refunded, it worked out about right! So, for the first time in my adult life, I bought plane tickets. Bonus-the flight didn't leave until later in the day so we got to walk around downtown Atlanta! Score! Cool city, I need to go back. Oh, and btw, they have security to get into the Coca Cola GIFT SHOP. Laaaaaaaaaame. We touched down at 5pm and I went straight to the theater for the world premiere of Bad Rebels! (because Bad Rebels do the right thing!) We had a phenomenal show, too! Improvised singing is rather challenging, but it makes the payoff so much greater when you nail it. My adrenaline rush over, I came home and passed out. It's great to be home!

1 comment:

notforthelifeofme said...

You bought plane tickets ever?