Monday, March 1, 2010

Großjunger Lederhosenpantsen

We celebrated my birthday today since everyone's going to be busy tomorrow. (my actual date of birth) We ended up going out to eat at that Brazilian place on the Plaza where they serve you meat off a sword. (Yes, I know it's called Fogo de Chao, I ate there. I just desperately wanted to write that sentence.) It was amazing. Expensive, yes, but so goooooooooood. After dinner we took a walk around the Plaza. I've always loved this painted tile mosaic. There used to be a payphone on the wall there, but payphones have gone the way of the dodo bird, so there she stands, in all her glory. A relic of a long lost time, just like the Plaza itself. Kansas City is steeped in rich history and has many hidden gems. I'm just lucky enough to get to go out into it to celebrate my own life and write an increment of it's history on my own heart.

2 comments:

David said...

Ahh, a pay phone. I guess that would explain why the woman in the picture is talking on a phone. And by talking on the phone, I mean she's holding it...wheter or not she's actually talking or holding it for someone who's taking a long time to get to it/come back to it I don't know.

Happy Birthday by the way.

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

Happy birthday!