Saturday, December 1, 2007

Tape it up, we got a game to play!

Tonight was the Roving Imp Smackdown show, in which we all competed for the "Golden Bindle Award." It was a swell night, all kinds of great work, funny games, great fun....and then as I pulled into the lead, I stepped off the stage exactly wrong and hurt the crap out of my ankle. Pain shot up my leg and then I felt pins and needles. The whole theater went, "Ooh!" And then it was a bit quiet. John tried to make a couple jokes but they didn't land, so he decided to just go ahead and call intermission at that point. I don't recall if I hobbled to the back room or if I had help, but somehow I ended up in a chair backstage with my foot up on the piano. We got ice and Tiffany had some pain killers, and after a bit I felt better, so we taped my foot up with masking tape and called it good. I was able to perform the second half (and win the award alongside Cristil, yay!) and then I sent Jason out to get me an ankle brace. I performed the second show as well, but toward the end it was really starting to get to me. I took it pretty easy, though, so that's good. I need to get to the doctor this week, though. I'm seriously hurting now and I'm afraid to take this brace off because I'm scared of what I'll find. I hate my ankles...I've had stupid problems with them all my life. I wish I could walk without them collapsing for no apparent reason, this sucks. Oh well. At least I know what to do when injured.

No comments: