Saturday, November 6, 2010

Magic and Whimsy

I got up early(ish) this morning, got purdy, then drove to Westport Coffeehouse to spend the day doing and watching improv with the College Improv Tournament! Apparently I need to get glasses to match the rest of my buddies... At any rate, we didn't place or anything but we had a lot of fun (and we got a lot of complements, particularly on one scene involving Matt protesting in a Pottery Barn and me poking at him with a broom to get him to leave the store while Zak played my manager). The winners ended up being a pretty local troupe called Zoiks! So stinkin' happy about that. A few of them are friends of mine and they really brought it! Snaps to Girlprov as well for putting up a great fight and hanging in there for a loooooooooong day. Next year hopefully we will be able to spring Joey from work and get more people involved before the deadline to sign up. No worries, though, we were a mighty trio of whirlwind energy and fun and the entire evening turned out exactly the way I had hoped it would, even exceeding my best estimates.

No comments: