Saturday, November 13, 2010

Healing touch

Saturday! Yay! I had a really great day, too. I got to sleep in and chill with the fam then I joined some friends for dinner before the show. I didn't stay all night tonight because Jason works, but at least I got to be there for the flurry of activity that is costuming the cast. During all the rushing about one of the actors twisted his ankle pretty bad and we were trying to figure out the best way to help him when around the corner comes Jeremy, the actor who is playing Jesus. He happens to be a paramedic in his 'real life' job, so he checked it out and wrapped it up nicely. I thought that was great, especially considering 'Jesus' was healing the guy who plays Judas's homeboy! I forgive you, my son, now go forth and twist your ankle no more!

3 comments:

David said...

Oh sucky! I hate ankle injuries. I twisted my ankle (one that's been cronically sprained since Jan. 04) first day visiting Chicago back in April. It hurt for about 36 hours.

sugarbumkin said...

Ooh, David! Of COURSE it was the first day, that sucks!

Have you heard the infamous story of me twisting my ankle stepping off the Roving Imp stage, or were you there?

David said...

I've at least heard of your memorial by the green room...and have witnissed coincidential injuries at least twice along that edge...
I don't think I was there yet when it happened to you.

My right ankle (the one mentioned) is fikle and can twist unexpectedly from a clumsy fall. I was walking around fine by the end of the CIF. But it hurt like "any explicit-deleted you think would fit" at the moment it happened.