Friday, February 25, 2011

The Fix is in

Today was our eleventh wedding anniversary. Wah-how. Wow. The day was kind of like a play in that it had two acts and an intermission. In act one, Jason drove my clothes to me and got me to the school in time for class. He left to go fix my car. Dreading a dead engine I was pleased by the text that informed me it was just the compressor. (Dude, it BLEW UP! Like, really, literally blew up!) which is a $250 easily accessible part. *whew!* He's totally like Superman, I swear. He fixed that car so fast I wasn't even finish with my classes for the day yet! So I thanked him profusely and told him to go on with his day while I bummed a ride from the school with one of my friends. When I got to the car I found roses waiting for me on the front seat! (Awwwww!) I drove home and got ready for the evening (intermission.) while Jason dropped off the kids to spend the night with some friends. We went to a swanky place in Union Station. A lot of people must have ordered martinis or something because the waitstaff kept walking through with shakers. The ice inside tumbled around loudly, so every time it happened I'd yell out (quietly) "YAHTZEE!"

1 comment:

Gypc said...

This makes me smile! Well, everything except the part about your car blowing up. Sounds like a memorable day! Congrats to you both!