Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Colder than Fever

This is a cat's eye view of my back deck in the midst of our 'great Midwestern blizzard.' *cough* I know 'blizzard' has more to do with visibility than snowfall (you can get a bunch blowing around, collect 1/2 and inch and it's a blizzard, technically) but the freak out was blown out of proportion in my mind, unless perhaps you were in southeastern Missouri. Either way we had a snow day and we will have one tomorrow as well. The girls spent the day constructing elaborate forts that they are now sleeping in (in Leigha's room. Fun!) and Jason shoveled the driveway so he could get to work. (He made it safely doing 35mph at best the whole way there. 4 wheel drive FTW!) I caught up on my online class and finished a small painting. As for the cat's eye view...I caught him staring at the birds in the backyard and making 'I wanna get 'em!' sounds so I sat on the floor with him by the sliding glass door and put him on my lap so he could enjoy the view from a warm seat. He purred like crazy until one jumped on the deck right by the window and stayed for a while. He cut off the purr immediately and whipped his head around to stare at it until it flew away, then turned back and resumed his 'I'll love you forever!' purring. Good day to be an indoor kitty.

No comments: