Thursday, February 24, 2011

No bad days, just good stories

Yeah, so I gakked my finger pretty good today. I was walking through the scene shop and I went to close the heavy sound door when my ring got caught on the door handle and PULLED. Pain shot up my arm and it instantly began to bruise and swell. The ring itself bent into an ungodly shape and has a divet in the metal. Great. We got ice and someone made the point "Well at least you didn't pull your finger off. They can't take a lot of force, you know." No, I didn't. Cool. Now I get to have nightmares. Tiffany came out to the school to see The Odd Couple with me tonight and I had just finished telling her this story when she said, "Well....uh, you may not want it now, but I got you something." She instructed me to hold out my hand and close my eyes and I couldn't help but laugh my head off when I felt her sliding a very pretty antique ring onto my right hand. How sweet! How ironic! After the show we came out to find that it had snowed heavily and the roads were all slick. We tested the roads by getting a group together and hitting the IHOP. We had a blast, but when we went to leave I turned my car on and black, stinky smoke filled the cab of the car. I was the last person leaving the parking lot so I called Matt Yale and asked him to come back (he was the next to last to leave) and Jason to see what I should do. It was late, the girls were asleep and driving conditions were very dangerous. It was decided that I would go to Matt's grandma's place and sleep in the guest room and the car would be dealt with in the morning. What a horrendously long day. But hey, what a story, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks painful girl! CB