Saturday, April 24, 2010

You're drowning in the river!

I had a meeting this morning for the Kansas City Improv Festival. It was a rainy day so it was nice to be in a coffee shop. Mmm.....coffee and improv....planning. Not quite as good as the real thing, but I love being a part of the process. Jason and I felt like getting out of the house on the lovely rainy day, however, so we decided to just kind of get in the car and see where the wind took us. We ended up going to Bass Pro Shop and walking around for a bit at one point. Sometimes I swear those kind of stores are meant to traumatize people...they have a lot of taxidermied animals all over the place, and this particular store had a prominently displayed black bear descending, claws and teeth a blazin', upon a hapless stuffed deer. Nice. Real nice. I get ironic amusement out of such places because they are so foreign to me. "Huh, huh, camo? In pink? What will they think of next!" This evening my friend Austin had a 'jam party' at her place, so I went over after the theater stuff and her friends played accoustic guitars while we all sang and harmonized and such....it was really relaxing. Mmmmmmmm......music. As good as the real thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah the quotes from "That thing you do," great, huh? CB