Monday, April 12, 2010

No more sparkling.

I hate my car so so much. I was driving home this morning after my classes when my alternator just DIED. I knew it was going out, but I didn't know they could just kill the whole system like that...I thought once the car was running it would be fine until I got home. Unfortunately for me, while I was driving home my radio died. I had just thought, "Huh..........that's weird." Figured it was the battery, but since the car was running I thought if I kept going it would stay running until I turned the car off. I called Jason and let him know there was a problem. Just after that, my whole car went 'BAM!' And shuddered. I was going about 75 and it just shut down! I lurched to the right lane, thankfully traffic free. I called Jason once more to let him know to come get me. Thank goodness I married an aircraft mechanic. Alternators cost $150, but labor is EXPENSIVE! I'm so glad I have a guy who knows how to fix things! After we went to Auto Zone he was able to fix it within a couple hours and I drove my car home. Yay, Jason! I'm so glad it didn't rain today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And he did all this with a broken foot! CB