Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm a beautiful butterfly

Volleyball wasn't embarrassing enough for me, so I decided it would be fun to join a softball team. Now, like I said, v-ball is something I've done off and on my whole life. Softball and/or baseball isn't something I've done since I was last forced to play in a PE class. So........yeah, in high school I didn't have PE my senior or junior years, and my sophomore year I took swimming and health, so the last time I've played softball and/or baseball would have been during lifetime sports my freshman year of high school in (dare I say it?) 1996. Fourteen years ago. Yowza. Imagine my utter shock when I found myself able to catch and (AND!) hit the ball. Not well, but I did it! Sweet! I'm guessing my marginal v-ball skills I acquired contributed a significant portion to my success today in practice. Here's hoping!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did you find any cool bugs while you were in the outfield? CB

David said...

Yeah, I could hit a "Soft"ball back in highschool too. First I hit it with the bat. Then I hit it with my mouth.
Yes, if one could get away with taking a gym class on line for real without it being a joke, I would have done it. Unfortunately, no high school classes were offered online.