Friday, June 25, 2010

Sky dolphin aquariums are annoying.

This afternoon Michelle and I walked up and down River Street stopping in every cheezy tourist store we could find. Love it! Savannah, you're swell and we WILL meet again. Hopefully soon. I was dropped off at the airport shortly thereafter only to find out that my pilot for the evening was Mr. Murphy himself. After a tussle with a gate agent about whether or not he could do his job properly (his job=getting people on planes. There was a minor snaffu in the system and instead of trying to do something about it to help me he gave me a look and said, 'well, what do you want me to do about it?' I squeaky wheeled enough to make him do something.) After getting through security I found out the plane was delayed, so I arrived in Houston an hour after I was supposed to, thus losing one opportunity to get back into KC for the night. Right before I stepped on the plane Jason called and said it didn't look good for the last flight of the day into KC but he would do some sleuthing and find some answers for me before I got to Houston. The man is a hero, I swear. Upon landing, I immediately called Jason to see what he had found, thus causing me to forget that I had gate checked my suitcase and I had unthinkingly left it on the jetway. Jason told me he had found a flight for me, and my moment of joy was shortly thereafter trumped by the realization of the missing suitcase. Yipes! I rushed back to the gate only to find that they had already sent it to baggage claim. Oh boy. Out of time, I ran out of security, grabbed my suitcase, went back through security, and rushed onto my flight to Wichita, the closest city I could get to home tonight. (Tomorrow is all booked up as well) Jason the rockstar hero had booked me a room near the airport, and here I sit, happily blogging with a pizza I had delivered.

1 comment:

Michelle Lee said...

WOW chica! What night for you, I was so happy to have you with me for these pass 3 days, now I'm at working wishing we were back downtown... see you soon!