Saturday, June 12, 2010

All for one....

This afternoon my family (parents, Lynette and Grandpa Smith) flew in. We are borrowing my mother-in-law's beast of a Suburban to cart everyone around in and I got it into my head that it would be fun to drive to the airport, pick them up, and drive back in it. Can I just say that people who desire large cars are completely insane? Yurgh. We came back home (and to the loving embrace of my itty Toyota) and assembled veggies, fruits, and meats for some epic shish-kebabs. Behold as Jason, my dad, and my grandpa strut their skewering stuff. Since my family hails from Nevada, we treated them to an evening of ice cream bars and lightning bugs on our fantastic party deck. I feel as though Summer has thrown up on me. It's not an unpleasant sensation.

No comments: