Sunday, May 24, 2009

No soda for me, thanks.

This morning after church we grabbed some lunch, ran to Lowe's for supplies, then headed back to the house for more bathroom work. It's coming along, slowly. We're just about ready to paint, then all that's left is tiling, trim and then, oh yeah, sinks, cabinets, and toilet. (knew we forgot something) Considering the fact that we ripped it down to the studs, that ain't bad at all. I had a rehearsal for Sketchy Thoughts this afternoon. We're performing in a cancer benefit show next month so we're polishing up old stuff and creating new stuff. I won't tell you exactly what's going on in this picture, other than the fact that Matt is playing music on the laptop he's holding to seranade Nick (holding the can of spray paint) and Clay. There's just nothing at all like getting together in the back room of a theater and strategically placing cardboard boxes and folding chairs and saying stuff like, 'Okay, so that's a tree. Can somebody pretend they're the sun for me?' (not what's happening in this picture, but you get the idea.) Ah, acting. We worked on the bathroom all afternoon and into the evening, at which point Jason's mom began working on specialized detailing and shooed us out of the house, having heard we had been invited to a friend's house for poker. I think she just wanted the kids out of the house, honestly. Who can blame her?

4 comments:

JMH85 said...

The guy holding the laptop is an Ex-Con (the performing group not the criminal kind) I recognize the shirt he is wearing from tour. Just a little daily FYI.

sugarbumkin said...

Shut up!!!!!!!!! Seriously? I'm going to have to ask him about that!

JMH85 said...

He was not in my tour but he had to have been a tour member in 2007. If he wasn't the shirt is awfully close to tour shirts.

Matt said...

Actually the shirt is a $5 Ft Myer's FL T-shirt my in-laws bought me. Not an ex-con. In 2007, I wish I was on tour, but alas, was in KC working for AT&T Mobility :(