Friday, May 29, 2009

Natural History

We took the girls to see Night at the Museum 2 today. I enjoyed the first one......the second one was better. Seriously, most sequels could learn from this one. There was an epic battle between Ben Stiller's character and a security guard at the Smithsonian that was probably one of the best comedic scenes I've ever seen performed. Really, it was. After the movie was over we got coffee for us and a Jones Soda for the girls and just walked around. Kansas City Summer evenings are just amazing. I have never understood people who prefer dry heat, I like me some humidity. Not the "my t-shirt just became a form fitting body casing and I feel like I'm walking through a wet sweater" kind of humidity, but the "gentle evening breezes that feel like light kisses on your skin" kind. Evenings here cool off just enough to get that brand of special goodness. See? This is the kind of magic those of you who just look at the pictures and don't read the blog entrys miss. I'm going to type with my eyes closed now. dsfsskjldsf. In your face.

3 comments:

JMH85 said...

I totally know what you mean about the dry heat. I hate California in the summer...you walk outside and BAM you are smacked in the face with 118 degrees of blistering heat. In humidity you may sweat, but there is usually a breeze and 99.9% of the moisture is not sucked out of your body in 2.5 seconds.

notforthelifeofme said...

Did the girls love the movie? I sure did! Mom wants to take them to see Up--I also HIGHLY recommend it!!!

Unknown said...

Jen-I totally plan on flying out to Virginia just to high five you for standing by me on the humidity issue. Srsly. It's coming.

Lynette-Oh my goodness, they LOVED it! Leigha especially loved that Amelia Aerhart is in it, even before she figured out that it was Amy Adams! Up, huh? That one looks really interesting, I hope we see it while they are out here!