Saturday, January 12, 2008

Last Laugh Lane

Leigha had a birthday party this afternoon, so we went to Target to get a gift for the child whose party she was attending. On the way there I saw a Kansas vanity plate that read "knitter." Wow. I am shocked that I was priveleged enough to see that one. I mean, think about it. This is KANSAS we're talking about. 90% of the state doesn't have anything to do, and the rest of us get to live in Kansas City. I would imagine that a loooooot of people in Kansas knit. Therefore, seeing the plate that says "knitter" (and it had the LV in the corner that stands for Leavenworth County, so I know they're local) around here is astounding. Anyhow, before we went to Target I went to Old Navy to see if there was anything interesting to be had. I hate going to malls on Saturdays. Especially when the guy doesn't see/ignores the stop sign that tells him I have the right of way and I literally had to hop the curb to avoid being taken out by the uberselfish SUV driver. Ugh, I thought I got away from that crap when I left Denver. No, really, uberselfish SUV drivers: about 40% of the reason we left. (the other 60% was various miscellany, including high prices and hyperurbanization) Anyhow, so I get to Old Navy and they're having a SALE!!! Huge, huge sale, FYI. Stop reading and go, like, now. Did you have a great trip? K, great. As I was saying, big sale (I know, wasn't it great?) and I got a large bag full to the top of clothing for only $30. Yay! I love sales. We swung by Target, got the present and some wrappings, and I dropped Leigha off at her party. Poor Bri is jealous. I remember being sad when I wasn't invited to parties for my sister's friends. It's hard being the second child. Anyhow, Antiprov is tonight, and I'm not going to lie to you, I'm getting nervous. This is the first time I've helped create something so revolutionary and I am apprehensive about what it's going to turn out like. That's the beauty and curse of improv....even YOU don't know what will happen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Spark*Life said...

You got a random hit. Congrats Jess. ;) Vibrating Sheep Doodie.

Nifer said...

Crescenet is right...this is a very likeable post. Congratulations!

Oh...and you had no reason to be nervous. That was an awesome show from start to finish!

sugarbumkin said...

Yeah, you know, I was so nervous about my posts being likeable, in fact sometimes it's all I can think about. It consumes me....

Thanks for the kudos!