Wednesday, January 9, 2008

15 bytes of fame

Many of you have heard of my little improv group "Antiprov." I don't remember if I mentioned what it is and what it's for....well, we're competing in the Improv Thunderdome, which starts this weekend. We don't compete until February, but here's a wicked sweet article about this month's competition: http://pitch.com/search/events.php?oid=509698 I am looking forward to seeing who wins, this is really fun. I happened to be in the vicinity of the Westport Coffeehouse last night (so much in the vicinity that I actually went into the building and had a glass of water! *thrilling blog, Jess* ) and saw the large poster on the outside of the building advertising for it:
Very cool. I can't believe I'm involved in this, it's exciting! I feel extremely priveleged. I doubt we'll win, but for me, that's not what this is about. I am enjoying creating a new form of improv with the very little experience I have, and I can't wait to present it and blow everyone's socks off, even if it's just because we sucked so much (yeah, not likely). At least waves will have been made.

3 comments:

Spark*Life said...

Yay you! I thought Antiprov was the name of the event. Now I feel much better informed. *Peter Griffen Voice* "Uh... and I, learned something."

sugarbumkin said...

You make me smile. :-)

improvclown said...

word