Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A photographic journey through my day

Today we got up early and went to the airport.........
got on a plane.............
.......and went to Chicago. We took the El downtown. Brianna enjoyed waving at the other trains out the window.

Our first stop was 'The Bean.' It was lightly snowing when we got there, so it was more like a sugar frosted bean.
Leigha decided it needed a little help to keep it from falling over.
Because I kept saying, "Jason would LOVE this!" when I went there this summer, we decided to go to Giordano's for lunch. My prediction proved to be correct.
We walked up Michigan avenue and took in a few sights. The light snow had stopped at that point and it was actually not all that cold outside. We were able to walk at a leisurely pace until we'd reach our next destination (indoors) we'd warm up, then continue on. This is the water tower, it's the only building that survived the great fire. It's also one of the places I walked past every day this summer on my way to the El so I could get to my classes.
We went to the American Girl's Place. I'd always wanted to visit it as a child and Leigha is just getting into the book series and dolls, so it was pretty special.
We walked North from there to the beach so the girls could see Lake Michigan. Leigha was really excited because she just learned about them in class. It's also a great place to take a picture that shows off both faces and buildings.
I ran into some old friends in the airport on our way out. We were playing it cool so as not to reveal how excited we actually were to see one another.
We took off and watched Chicago dwindle into the distance. I arrived back in Kansas City just in time to make it to rehearsal. Bye bye, Chicago! I love you!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like a fun day. Totally jealous about the Blues Brothers pic by the way. :)


BTW: the word verification on this comment is manoil........gross!

sugarbumkin said...

Manoil. Hee hee, awesome!