Friday, February 1, 2008

Musically inclined

I need to get out and see some concerts this year. I only managed to make one last year, and it was beyond stellar, but I need to go out and do more. Maybe I'll have Jason pick out the band this time, tee hee! When I lived in Denver it used to be concert, concert, concert. Seriously. And at the end, I typically had a setlist, broken drumstick, guitar pick, sore throat and shin bruises from the underaged kids who seem to think the ABSOLUTE best thing you can do at a concert is mosh, even though the nineties are long over and good riddance. FYI, that's why I got those huge Daria boots that I have. Anyhow, I would like to see the Killers some time, and I'm toying with the idea of flying out to LA to see Ima Robot. Because that would be sweet. I would also like to see Jimmy Eat World sometime. Oh, and I want to make a point of checking out some local bands at some point as well, after all, I do know of one that is connected with the improv community, and that might just be a good place to start.

It's been a while since I've seriously rocked out.

2 comments:

improvclown said...

Local bands on my list:

The Appleseed Cast
The Belated
Distance to Empty

sugarbumkin said...

Awesome, thanks for the springboard! :-)